Sales of businesses
If you are buying or selling a business the main aims are always the same - to minimise costs when buying and maximise proceeds when selling.
The most important method of achieving this is to ensure the transaction is structured correctly.
We have considerable experience acting for clients buying and selling businesses of all types. We will also liaise with your solicitors or introduce one if necessary.
As accountants we not only deal with the various financial / tax issues but also, with solicitors' assistance:
- review the structure of contracts,
- negotiate on your behalf if required,
- review security of proceeds when selling or assist with the location of funding when buying,
- assist purchasers advisers during a 'due diligence' investigation when selling or provide the 'due diligence' investigation when buying.
When purchasing a business, we offer confidential approaches, on your behalf, to the vendor should this be necessary.
We also provide a telephone / fax / e-mail messaging service, receiving information and forwarding it confidentially.
When selling, we are also able to offer:-
- a confidential advertising service - we will arrange the advertisements in publications of your choice and pre-agree costs, make all arrangements with publishers and receive responses on your behalf referring them to you confidentially. Publishers can invoice us direct.
- we can compile and publish brochures for prospective purchasers - brief details initially with full information once confidentiality statements are in place. These will not only include a review of the business and financial information but also, as appropriate, photographs, brochures, plans etc - sufficient to provide all the information required to enable a prospective buyer to make an initial decision.
Our aim is to make acquiring of disposing a business of any type and size as trouble free as possible. If we are able to help you in any other way during this process please ask.
Tax investigation Insurance
We believe tax investigation insurance to be of fundamental importance as the tax authorities now have more power than ever to investigate UK businesses and tax payers. Last year they raised over £20 billion from tax investigations and the number of investigations looks set to increase this year. Anyone can be investigated and it can be completely at random regardless of how well prepared your books and records are. Typically, once an enquiry has been opened, HMRC only have one opportunity to raise further tax. They cannot return at a later date unless they make a discovery. This means even under a random enquiry and even when “you have nothing to hide”, HMRC tend not to leave any stone unturned.
We have chosen to use Croner Taxwise Limited to provide this insurance cover.
Investments, Pensions and Mortgages
In today's complicated and strictly regulated financial services market, providing independent financial advice requires specialist knowledge. We make use of our wide range of professional contacts to ensure you have a suitable independent adviser and we work with them to provide you with impartial advice in areas such as:
Our policy is to refer most investment business to Independent Financial Advisers, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. The Independent Financial Adviser will take full responsibility for compliance with the requirements of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. Hence, this company is not authorised under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 but we are able in certain circumstances to offer a limited range of investment services to clients because we are members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. We can provide these investment services if they are an incidental part of the professional services we have been engaged to provide.
- Pension schemes;
- Life assurance;
- Critical illness cover;
- Private medical insurance and care plans;
- Individual savings accounts; and